This Disclaimer and Terms of Service is applicable to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – His Life, All His Works and More (http://sirconandoyle.com)
The terms “we” ,”us”, “I” ,”me” refer to all the sites belonging to ‘Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – His Life, All His Works and More’ and the terms “you” or “your” means any person or entity using these Websites (“Users”). Here onwards, a ‘Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – His Life, All His Works and More’ will be referred as SACD.
BY USING THIS WEB SITE, YOU INDICATE YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
Acceptance of terms
SACD provides its website services to you, subject to the following Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at http://sirconandoyle.com/html/disclaimer.php. In addition, when using particular SACD services, you and SACD will be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms of Service. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions.
To The Guys Who Keep Shutting Down Fan Sites
This site is owned and maintained by Ajay D’Souza. SACD is an unofficial Sherlock Holmes and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle site. I have created this site in order to make these resources easily available to the general public. I have absolutely no plans to infringe the copyright of any of the resources.
Description of Service
SACD currently provides users with cases of Sherlock Holmes, novels of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, a Links Directory and trivia for online viewing. (collectively called the “Service”). Unless otherwise specified, the SACD web site is for your personal and non-commercial use. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service will be subject to the Terms of Service.
In order to use the Service, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web i.e. Internet, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. SACD will not be liable for any costs you incur in maintaining Internet access. Please be aware that SACD has certain areas of service that are limited to those who are 13 years of age or older.
SACD provides the Service for free for any individual or organization. Please do not abuse the Service or use it in any way other than for the intended purpose. The Service may not be used for any unlawful activity, by sites that intentionally violate copyright laws, such as warez sites, or by any web sites that promote or endorse hatred or racism and also by adult sites which have pornographic content.
You understand that by browsing this site, you may be exposed to third party Content that is offensive, indecent, objectionable or even hateful or obscene. Under no circumstances will SACD be liable in any way for any third party Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the services available on this site.
SACD may provide services designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group. You agree that you will not:
- transmit any Content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically inciteful;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation i.e. you will not spam;
- transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; or
- collect or store personal data about other users or harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
SACD does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to SACD (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to the website or to me, the webmaster (collectively “Submission”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting SACD permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of this site including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in connection with your Submission.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided in these Terms of Service. SACD is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and may remove any Submission at any time in SACD’s sole discretion.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service.
Modifications to the Service
SACD reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that SACD will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Dealings with advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through SACD, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that SACD will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on SACD.
Disclaimer of warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. SACD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- SACD MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
Limitation of liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SACD SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SACD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SACD WEBSITE, OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SACD WEB SITE.
Unless otherwise specified in these Terms of Service, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and SACD with respect to the SACD websites and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and SACD with respect to the SACD websites.
You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software.
How to contact me
Should you have other questions or concerns about the Disclaimer and Terms of Service, please email us.